WHAT WE DO
We look after the health and wellbeing of fish and shellfish.
Based in Australia, we provide:
- Rapid veterinarian-based disease and problem diagnosis for farmed and wild aquatic animals;
- Advice to Federal and State Governments and industry on aquatic animal policy for the farmed and wild sector on subjects such as import risk, disease outbreak investigation, biosecurity protocols and fish welfare;
- Nutritional, biosecurity and health management advice on farmed and wild aquatic animals;
- Training and education in aquatic animal health at veterinary schools and on farms around Australia;
- Education on fish welfare and fish quality to the farmed, recreational and fish capture sectors; and
- Expert opinion on legal matters concerning fish health, disease and biosecurity.